The Older Americans Act (OAA) is a federal law that aims to improve the quality of life for Americans aged 60 years old and older. Enacted in 1965, the OAA provides many different services to help senior citizens live a happy and healthy lifestyle.
Denise Jomarron Legal Group has outlined everything you need to know about the Older Americans Act. Read on to learn more about the benefits, qualifications, and support you can acquire from finding an elder care attorney in Miami, Florida.
What Services Does the OAA Include?
The Older Americans Act offers various services to help seniors with their day-to-day activities to live comfortable and happy lives. These services include:
- Meal deliveries to your house or community center
- Family caregiver assistance and care planning
- In-home health treatments
- Volunteering and employment opportunities
- Elder abuse prevention
- Retirement planning
- Estate planning and guidance to protect assets
What Are the Benefits of the OAA?
Aside from its services, the Older Americans Act supports various programs.
- Disease prevention: The OAA supports initiatives that reduce disease risks and help the elderly deal with common chronic conditions like Alzheimer’s, arthritis, dementia, and diabetes.
- Health promotion: The Older Americans Act promotes healthy lifestyles with accessibility to nutrition. The OAA works to minimize hunger and fund healthy food choices.
- Elder rights: Many conditions can cause older people to lose their capability to care for themselves. The OAA protects senior citizens at a higher risk for abuse and neglect.
- Part-time employment: It can be challenging for older citizens to find work, especially when retirement is not an option. The OAA aims to help the low-income elderly community find part-time employment.
- Native American support: The OAA provides additional support for the elder Native American community.
Who Can Receive Older Americans Act Services?
Anyone aged 60 or older can receive Older Americans Act services. Different states include various eligibility requirements, though the federal law protects all citizens over 60 from being denied, regardless of their economic status.
If you or a family member is approaching the age of 60, now is the time to start considering future care plans. An elder law attorney can help create all of the documentation needed to protect you and your loved ones’ rights.
What Do Elder Law Attorneys Do?
Elder law attorneys work with people of all ages, pre-and post-retirement, to plan their future care and financial stability. An attorney can help you manage any legal issues, file complicated paperwork, and protect your rights as you age.
Many people do not realize how essential adequate planning is. The sooner you plan your end-of-life health care, estate planning, and legal guardianship, the more you will be able to enjoy the pleasures of old age.
How Can I Find Reputable Elder Law Lawyer Near Me?
Finding a reputable lawyer can be tricky, though choosing someone who has enough experience and knowledge to help you adequately is essential. When searching for an “elder care attorney near me,” look for someone who can inform you of your options and make educated recommendations. You also want someone who is compassionate and genuinely cares for your well-being.
If you are on the hunt for an elder care lawyer, consider the following questions:
- How long has the attorney been in practice?
- What are the attorney’s primary practice areas?
- Does the attorney have ample experience in elder law?
- How positive are the attorney’s reviews?
- How much time can the attorney offer you and your case?
- Does the law firm offer free consultations?
- What other costs are associated with the law firm’s services?
Denise Jomarron Legal Group Elder Care Attorney Services
Denise Jomarron Legal Group offers many elder law services to help you prepare for your future. Our team can help you create legal plans for your care and assets as you age. Some of our elder care services include:
- Estate planning
- Personal services documentation
- Creating trusts
- Completing and submitting certain Medicaid, Social Security, and government disability forms
- Living wills and advance directives
How Do I Find an Elder Care Attorney Near Me?
Every person needs different things as they get older, whether it’s medical care, financial support, nutritional help, or legal protection. Finding a knowledgeable elder care attorney can help manage all necessary services to prepare seniors for a happy, healthy, and enjoyable future.
If you or someone you love needs legal support regarding elder care issues, contact Denise Jomarron Legal Group for a free consultation. We will discuss your case and work with you to create a better future.
At Denise Jomarron Legal Group in Miami, Florida, we help older people and their families plan for care through retirement and aging. When you want to find an “elder care lawyer near me,” call us at (305) 402-4494 or contact us online.
Copyright© 2022. Denise Jomarron Legal Group. All rights reserved.
The information in this blog post (“post”) is provided for general informational purposes only and may not reflect the current law in your jurisdiction. No information in this post should be construed as legal advice from the individual author or the law firm, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting based on any information included in or accessible through this post without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer licensed in the recipient’s state, country or other appropriate licensing jurisdiction.
Denise Jomarron Legal Group
4300 Biscayne Blvd., Suite 305
Miami, FL 33137-3255